Friday, March 26, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For.....

Why is it that what we wish for sometimes isn't really what we want in the end?

I love being a mom, mostly I feel privileged and honored to be able to have such amazing people in my life. I treasure the time I get to spend with my family. But, sometimes.....

I have spent hours, days even, wanting some time alone. I long for times when I can be by myself in my house, the store, the car, work or even the bathroom. As most moms can attest, each day you are barraged by questions,
demands, requests, and people poking, prodding and bugging you. It seems there is always someone needing something, wanting something, missing something, or just wanting to interrupt you. It all can be quite exhausting, and leave the most patient mother in the world wondering "Who did I piss off in another life?"

This week, my kids have been gone for spring break, and on many levels it has been really great. I love my husband, I love spending time with him, chatting, hanging out, going on dates, anything really, just as long as we are together. We have gone to the beach, to the movies, and done a lot of fun stuff this week.
But, there is some parts of me (and him I think) that wishes our kids were home. I wonder what is wrong with me? Have I lost my mind? Not really....not yet... I can only think of many of the times in the future when they won't be home. Someday, they will rather hang with their friends instead of go shopping with me, they will rather sit and IM anyone, instead of tell me about their day.

So, having a bit of empty nest, when the kids go away, really is okay. As long as I don't get psycho about it, I guess. Maybe it is all a good lesson for me in the grass isn't always greener.

No comments:

Post a Comment